Create Blog With Tumblr. Why not create Blog with Tumblr? A blog is a website that allows users to reflect, share opinions and discuss various topics in the form of an online journal while readers may comment on posts.
This a simple and quick way to start a blog. If you’re after an easy and fast way to start a blog, you can’t go wrong with Tumblr. It’s a breeze to post all sorts of content for the world to see and it’s entirely free.
Nevertheless, using an email to Create blog account is necessary because of the unique security it affords your Tumblr account; so create a Gmail account here.
We’re going to help you through the easy steps to create a blog with Tumblr and give you some tips to help you on the way to blogging stardom.
What is Tumblr?
Tumblr takes its name from tumblelog: a stream of conscious type of blog that focuses on short posts, often created from media like audio, images, and quotes. The site had 79000 users within two weeks.
The tumblelog term has all but banished now. However, Tumblr brands itself as a blog service boasts over 465 million blogs and half a billion monthly visitors.
Users can create their own blogs to share whatever they want with the world. They can also follow people and view those posts in a feed. Chances are you’ve viewed a Tumblr blog before realizing it. Even Taylor Swift has one!
How to Create a Tumblr Account
One of the most beautiful things about Tumblr is that anyone can sign up and create a blog. A Tumblr sign up is easy and you don’t need any technical knowledge and you can be up and running within minutes. Want proof? Let’s make one now!
First, Go to Tumblr Homepage. Click get started and enter an email, password, and username. Your username informs the URL of your blog (username.tumblr.com), but don’t worry, you can change your username (and URL) later if needs be. Click sign up.
Next, give your age – you need to be 16 or above if in an EU country, if not then 13 or above–and agree to the terms of Service. Click Next. You might also have to prove you’re not a robot.
Then click Almost Done!
Now, choose five or more topics that you’re interested in. Some of them will expand out of further refinement. For example, gaming splits into Nintendo, Xbox, PS4, and PC. You can select all of these if you want. Don’t worry too much about this stage. When done, click Next.
You’ll be taken to your Tumblr dashboard. You can return to this page at any time by clicking the Tumblr icon in the top-left. at the top of the dashboard page, you can search Tumblr and access areas like your inbox and settings. Feel free to explore.
More so, you’ll see that your feed has been prepopulated with posts, based upon your interests. Click follow next to someone’s username if you want to add that blog to your feed permanently. Alternatively, search a specific person and click the follow button on their blog.
Tumblr will occasionally pop up with helpful hints on this dashboard page to orient you, so look out for them.
How to Customize Your Tumblr Blog
Before you make your first post, it’s important that your Tumblr blog is more personal and reflects your style. It’s customization time!
Click the account icon on the top right (it’s a person’s silhouette) and click Edit appearance. Note that here you can click the pencil icon to change your username. For now, click edit theme.
Beneath appearance option, you’ll find all sorts of things to customize. Give your blog a title, choose an avatar, adjust the background color, and more. Remember to click Save once you’re happy with your changes.
If you want to go the extra mile, you can change the theme entirely. Click browse theme and you can browse all sorts of different layouts which you can click to preview instantly. Note that some of these come attached with a price tag-you can avoid that by clicking the all them dropdown and selecting free theme. When you find a theme you like, select it and click use.
How to Make a Tumblr Post
Now it’s time for the good stuff. Strap yourself in, you’re going to make your first post on Tumblr.
To begin, navigate back to the dashboard. At the top there’s a pane that lists all the different content types: text, photo, quote, link, chat, audio, and video. Click the one you want.
Whichever you choose, you’ll be given contextualized fields. For example, select video and you can either upload your own or link one from somewhere like YouTube. Or click quote and you can enter the fabled words and attribute a source.
A the bottom of every post you can add tags. Start typing in this area and it’ll offer up those commonly used. These help people find your post and therefore may increase your blog followers, so think about what people might be searching for if that matters to you.
When ready, click post. It’ll go live immediately and you’ll see it appear on the dashboard. If you made an error, click the cog icon and click either edit or delete.
How to Reblog, Like, and Comment on Tumblr
A popular feature of Tumblr is reblogging. If you’re familiar with retweets on Twitter, this works in the same way. You can Reblog someone’s post to put it on your own blog to highlight it to your own followers.
To do this, navigate to the post and click the Reblog icon (it’s two opposing arrows.) You can add your own content to appear alongside the original posts and some tags. When ready, click Reblog.
If you want to comment on the post itself, rather than blogging it, simply click the comment icon (It’s a speech bubble), say your thing, and click reply.
Alternatively, if you have nothing to say, bust still want to show your appreciation, click the like icon (it’s a heart.) That user will get a notification that you liked their post.
Delete Blog with Tumblr
We provide you step-by-step on how to delete a blog from your account on the Tumblr website. You can’t use the mobile app to delete a blog, now can you delete a blog which does not belong to you. Keep in mind that to remove your primary blog, you will have to delete your Tumblr account.
Deleting a Secondary Blog
- Visit https://www.tumblr.com/ in your computer’s web browser. Doing so will open your Tumblr dashboard if you’re logged into Tumblr.
- If you’re not logged in automatically, click Log In, enter your email, click Log In, enter your email, click Next, then enter your password and click Log In.
- When you log into Tumblr, you automatically log into your primary blog, which is the one you set up when you created your Tumblr account. Your main blog cannot be deleted without deleting your Tumblr account; however, you can delete any additional Tumblr blogs that are associated with your account using this method.
2. Click the “Account” icon. It’s the icon that resembles the shape of a person on the upper-right side of the page. Doing so prompts a drop-down menu.
3. Click ‘Settings’. It’s next to a gear icon in the ‘Account’ section of the drop-down menu.
4. Select a blog. In the “Blogs” section near the bottom-right corner of the page, click the name of the secondary blog you want to delete. This will cause the blog’s Settings page to open.
- If you want to delete your primary blog, you’ll have to delete your whole account see this method to learn how.
5. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. This is where you’ll find the option to delete your blog.
6. Click “Delete(blog name). It’s a grey button at the bottom of the page. You’ll see your blog’s name instead of “blog name” in the button
- For example, to delete a blog called “orcasandoreos”, you would click Delete orcasandoreos at the bottom of the page.
7. Enter your email and password. When prompted, type the email address and the password you use to log into Tumblr into the “Email” and “Password” text fields. respectively.
8. Click “Delete (blog name)”. It’s a red button below the “Password” text box. Doing so will delete the selected Tumblr blog and remove it from your account.
Delete Your Account
- Go to https://www.tumblr.com/ in your computer’s web browser. Doing so will open your Tumblr dashboard if you’re logged into Tumblr.
- If you’re not logged in automatically, click Log In, enter your email, click Next, then enter your password and click Log In.
2. Click the “Account” icon. It’s a person-shaped silhouette in the upper-right side of the Tumblr page. Doing so prompts a drop-down menu.
3. Tap ‘Settings’. It’s next to a gear icon in the “Account” section of the drop-down menu.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. This is the section of the Settings page in which you’ll find the option to delete your account.
5. Click “Delete account”. It’s at the very bottom of the page.
- If you see ‘Delete (blog name) here, you’re viewing the settings page for a secondary blog. Click your primary blog’s name on the right side of the page, scroll down, and click ‘Delete account’ before proceedings.
6. Enter your email and password. When prompted, type the email address and the password associated with your Tumblr account.
7. Click “Delete everything”. It’s a red button below the “Password” text box. Doing so immediately deletes your Tumblr account and any associated blogs.
- Warning: deleting your Tumblr account is permanent. Once your account is deleted, it cannot be recovered.