Create Viber account. Viber is a social media messaging app. However, there are a lot of messaging applications but Viber is the best with its unique features.
Viber is a cross-platform, free instant messaging and voice over IP (VolP) application.
Viber Media designed in 2010. In addition to instant messaging, any Viber App users can exchange photos, video, and audio media messages by sending files to each other. However, one must Sign Up for Viber to use it.
The article provides information about VIBER SIGN UP process and the steps to Sign Up Viber App. Create Viber account, Sign Up and register for the Viber app to enjoy an all-new chatting experience. Stay in touch with your friends and family from anywhere in the world with an internet connection provided. Follow the article, get details about Viber and know how to sign up Viber app.
How to Sign Up for Viber
- Download the VIBER APP for your smart phone depending on your OS from respective Store.
- Open the app and select Continue.
- In the next screen, you will be asked to enter your phone number and the country you live in. Click on “Your Country” bar and choose from the drop-down list. Then enter your smartphone number without spaces, leading zeros or exit codes. Click on the Continue button.
- Verify the phone number you have provided is correct. Click Yes if it right, else Edit the number.
- You will receive an activation call that doesn’t have to be answered.
- If you don’t receive a call, wait for 60 seconds, and you will get an SMS along with your access code.
- If you don’t get a call or SMS, then choose to Resend or either Activate via the call option.
- Type the access code into the Viber Setup screen.
- Click on continue, and you can also make use of your Facebook details to set up your profile.
How to Create Viber in Desktop
Viber for Desktop is an excellent application that allows you to use Viber straight from your PC while syncing to Viber on your smartphone. Setting up is quick and easy. Just make sure that your smartphone has the latest version of the Viber app.
- Download and install Viber for Desktop. Choose from the available option based on your desktop version. Click on the get Viber button.
- An application will be saved on your desktop. Now run the installation file.
- Read and understand the License Agreement. Click accept and Install button.
5. Viber will send a verification code to the phone number provided
6. Enter you Email address, password and retype the password and then click Done
7. Congratulations Viber account created
How can i download Viber?
The first step would be to download the Viber application from the official store of your mobile device for it if you use the Android operating system you can click HERE, otherwise if your operating system is Apple’s you can click HERE.
Each of these links corresponds to the official Google store first and Apple second, so when you click on one of the links you will be automatically redirected to one of the stores.
In this way we can guarantee that you will download the application quickly, safely and easily for your device, the download is done automatically as well as the installation, so you will not have to worry about any of these steps.
How can i register with Viber?
If you do not have the application in the previous step we leave to download options so you can get the version that corresponds to you according to the operating sysytem that you are using on your mobile device.
On the next screen they will as us for a telephone number that will we will use to associate our Viber account, we will place the telephone number, press next and then the platform will send a confirmation code that we must place in order to continue.
If we are using the mobile device from which we have the SIM card entered the code will be automatically detected, if we have the sim card in a different mobile device we must place the code manually and in this way we can create a Viber account quickly and easily.
Viber Account Recovery
Viber offers the opportunity to make a backup or backup of the information you have stored with your account number, that backup is possible to recover it by logging in to a mobile device where you are going to use the same phone number you had previosly.
Backups are saved in the name of the phone number used at that time otherwise nobody else could have access to that backup, it is the only way Viber offers you to keep your information secure.
To restore the backup you just have to press the upper right button from the main Viber screen and look for the option to restore backup and in a short time you will have all your conversations and contacts back.
Viber main functions
Viber was the poineer of instant messaging to incorporate the option that allows you to delete messages received and sent permanently in case you sent a message in error or simply regret sending the message.
How can i hide a conversation in Viber?
Privacy is very important and Viber knows that they have included an option that allows you to hide or disappear a conversation so that only you know that it exists, this offers a much broader privacy for each.
Delete Viber Account
Keep in mind that simply removing the Viber app from your device is not thesame as deactivating your aaccount. But if you do delete the Viber app, the following will happen
- Your Viber address book gets removed from the servers after 45 days
- Your phone number, which is your Viber account number, will be decoupled from the service after one year of inactivity.
To instantly deactivate your Viber account, follow the steps outlined further below.
Deactivation of a Viber account can only take place within the application itself. If you have already uninstalled Viber and would like to deactivate your account, you will need to re-install Viber in order to do so.
What happens after I deactivate my Viber account?
This is what happens after you deactivate a Viber account on your device:
- All of your data is cleared on this device, including your call and message history, groups and downloaded stickers, both free and purchased.
- You will no longer appear as a Viber user to your Viber contacts
- All other accounts linked to your Viber account, like Twitter, Facebook and so forth, will be unlinked from the service.
- Any purchased Viber Out credit will remain on this account, but you can contact Viber support via email and request a credit transfer to a new Viber account.
- When you deactivate Viber on your primary device (the one on which you registered with the service), the app will be deactivated on all other devices.
IMPORTANT: Once your account is deactivated, there is no way to restore any of your user data. Viber does not store any of your message history and is unable to retrieve lost data. Re-registering to viber with the same mobile phone number will not restore the previous account history.
Having said that, it might be a good idea to create a backup of your Viber chats for safekeeping prior to deactivating your account.
How to back up your Viber Chats
In order to create a full backup of your chat history prior to deleting your Viber account, follow the steps outlined right below:
- Launch Viber on your iPhone
- Tap on More in the tab area alongside the bottom
- Select settings to access options
- Choose Calls and Messages
- Select Email message history
This will bring up the mail compose sheet. Type in your own email address in the TO: field and tap Send to send yourself the attached ZIP file containing Viber’s message history.
IMPORTANT: Your backed up history is provided for your convenience and cannot be restored onto this or another device. Messaging history backup is available on Android and iPhone only.
How to deactivate your Viber account on mobile
- Launch Viber on your iPhone
- Tap on More in the tab area alongside the bottom
- Select Settings to access options
- Choose privacy
- Select Deactivate Account
You will be warned that continuing with the deactivation process will clear all of your data on this device and deactivate Viber on all your other devices.
6. Tap Deactivate to proceed.
You can now delete the Viber app from this device.
How to deactivate your Viber account on desktop
- Launch Viber on your Mac, Windows or Linux PC.
- Choose preference in the Viber menu (Mac) or click the settings icon at the bottom left of the screen (Windows/Linux
- A new window will pop up. Choose the Account tab to continue
- Now select Deactivate Viber
- If you are sure that you would like to proceed, choose Deactivate
This will remove all of your data and deactivate Viber from your desktop only.
You can now drag the Viber app from your Mac’s Applications folder into the Trash. Viber will remain active on your primary device (your iPhone) so you’ll need to deactivate the app there, too.
How to reactivate your Viber account
- Download and launch Viber on your iPhone
- Follow the on-screen instructions to re-register your mobile phone number with the service. This will reinstate the previous account on your new device.
Your message and call history will not be restored.