Why not create Pinterest Account now? Pinterest is a social media network that helps users organize information using online pin boards. It’s great for storing images, as well as discovering new interests.
If you’re ready to get started with Pinterest, it’s easy to create a free Pinterest account, whether it’s for personal or business use.
More so, using a Gmail account to create your Pinterest account is necessary. Gmail gives your Pinterest account a good security against unauthorized users and hackers.
So, Create your Gmail account here in few seconds and continue to Create Pinterest business account or Pinterest personal account.
Sign Up for a Personal Pinterest Account
With a personal Pinterest account, you’ll be browsing, exploring, pinning and interacting with other users in no time.
Pinterest was an invite-only social network in it’s early days, but now offers a number of ways to sign up. You can create a new personal Pinterest account with the same login as Facebook or Google, or create a separate account with login details just for Pinterest.
- Go to Pinterest.com Homepage.
- Select Sign Up: You have the option of signing up with an Email address and password or Signing up through your Facebook account or Google account.
3. Enter your email address, create a password, and select continue.
- Alternatively, select Continue with Facebook and log in to your Facebook account.
- Or, select continue with Google and log in to your Google account.
- We “Continue with Email”
4. Fill the form below to Create Pinterest account
- Email: Enter your Email address.
- Password: Create a strong password you will remember and it must contain at least 10 characters with word, number and symbols.
- Age: How old are you? Just enter your age.
- Click “Continue”
5. Welcome to Pinterest. Click “Next“
6. Choose your Gender here
7. Choose your language and country
8. Answer the setup questions, select some arears of interest.
Once you’ve created a login, Pinterest will ask you for a couple of demographic questions and you’ll then have the option to choose five areas of interest.
This allows Pinterest to immediately create a relevant home feed for you with recommended content you’ll enjoy.
9. You are already there. Just Click “Done” Boom!!! your account is set.
Link a Business Account to Your Personal Account
However, For a professional presence on Pinterest, set up a Pinterest account and get access to the site’s free marketing tools, such as Pinterest Analytics.
It’s easy to link your business profile to a personal Pinterest account and effortlessly switch between business and personal accounts.
- Log on to your personal account and select the down arrow next to your profile image.
- Select Add another account.
- Log in to your business account. If you don’t have one yet, see the steps below.
Create New Business Account
If you prefer not to have your business account linked to your personal account, set up a separate business account. You’ll have to sign in to your personal and business accounts separately.
- Log out of your personal account if you’re logged in.
- Navigate to the Pinterest business account creation page.
- Fill out your email, password, and business name, and then select a business type.
- Select Create account
Delete your Pinterest Account or temporarily Deactivate it
You have two options! either delete your account to permanently remove your profile and boards from Pinterest, or toe the path of deactivation to take a break from Pinterest and reactivate a later day.
However, if using your account for business and it’s the reason you want to delete it! chill, you can convert a Pinterest business account to a personal account easily.
More so, you can change your username or email address on your account by editing your username or changing your email in your Settings. To stop getting emails from Pinterest click the unsubscribe from Pinterest emails here.
Note: If you are owing on your business account, you must pay before deleting your account. You can do this by removing your payment information. When you remove your payment information, any outstanding balance that has not been settled will be charged to the card that was on file when the spend occurred.
When if you get rid of you account, any business account linked with it will be deleted too. If you want to keep a linked business account, you must unlink your business account before deleting your personal account.
How to Delete Pinterest account
- Visit the Pinterest website in a web and sign into your account
- Click the arrow to the right of your account icon in the upper-right corner and then choose settings in the drop-down menu.
- In the navigation pane on the left, click Account Settings.
- Scroll down to Account changes section and click one of the following: “Delete your account” or Deactivate your account“.
- If you’re deleting your account, Pinterest will ask you a reason why. Select an option and click Next. Then click Send email.
- Check the email address associated with your Pinterest account and select the email titled Last security check to delete your account. Select Yes, delete account in the email.
Delete Pinterest Account from Android
- Go to the Pinterest mobile application, remember to check that you are in the right account you want to delete.
- Go to ‘Settings‘ by tapping on your profile picture, where you will see a nut icon
- Click on ‘Account Settings‘ and scroll down to ‘Close account‘.
- Click on this option and choose the email account associated with the Pinterest account you want to delete to close it permanently.
Delete Pinterest account from the iOS app
- Open the Pinterest app on iOS.
- Go to Account Settings by tapping on your profile picture and the gear icon.
- Click on Delete account. Pinterest will ask you for the reasons to close the profile and touch on Next and Send an email.
- Pinterest will send you a message to give you the instructions to delete your account
- Follow the steps on the platform and done.
Cons of deleting your Pinterest account
Deleting your account on any social media platform is a big step. If you delete your Pinterest account, you won’t have access to your profile, but there are other consequences:
- You will lose all the content uploaded or saved, and you will not be able to recover it. You will have to say goodby to the pins and boards forever.
- If you have a business account and have created advertising campaigns, you have to contact the Pinterest team to help you with the final closure. Note: You’ll not be able to continue with the closure of the profile until you pay for all your ad campaigns.
- When you delete your Pinterest account, the social network immediately deactivates your profile, but your account remains active for 14 days. During those 14 days, you can retrieve your account by logging in with your username and password.
How to deactivate a Pinterest account
Would you rather take a break from Pinterest than delete it for good? This option is available on this platform.
It’s simple, you just have to follow the steps as if you were going to delete it, but you have to click on the ‘Deactivate account’ option instead.
The deactivation of your account also has some consequences on your Pinterest account:
- The content (boards and spins) you have shared on your profile will no longer be visible to other users.
- You can deactivate either personal or business accounts.
- If you deactivate your account, the username will not be available to other users, not even for you if you want to open another account.
- To reactivate your Pinterest account and return to your usual activity, you just have to log in with your credentials, and that’s it.
Still and all, we encourage you to continue working on your content on Pinterest before making a final decision.
How to Delete your Pinterest account on iPad
Some people would prefer to delete their Pinterest account permanently directly from an iPad. Fortunately, the process is identical to what iPhone and Android users need to do, but they benefit from a larger screen. Here is how to quickly remove the Pinterest account from an iPad:
- Open your Pinterest app on iPad and use your login info
- Tap on your profile (one of the four buttons on the panel at the bottom of the screen.)
- Then, tap on the three horizontal dots in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from a pop-up menu and then choose “Account Settings“.
- The “Delete account” option is at the very bottom of the screen. Once you tap on it, you’ll see a new message from Pinterest.
- To continue the process, they’ll send you an email to confirm this decision. Click on “Continue“.
- The email will automatically land in your inbox. Once you open it, make sure to tap on the “Yes, delete account” button.
Only after the email confirmation is sent back to Pinterest will your account be deleted.
Can I just disable the account temporarily?
The answer is yes, you can. Pinterest gives users the option to take a break from Pinterest without shutting down their accounts permanently. This action ensures that no one can see your Pins and your profile. You also lose any links to YouTube, Etsy, Instagram,a nd any other associated platform.
Conveniently, the “Deactivate Account” option sits right above the “Delete account” regardless of the device.
Pinterest will prompt you to leave a reason why you’re deactivating your account, and that’s it. You can go back and activate your account at any time by simply signing in with your information.
Can I undo my account deletion?
Once it’s permanently delete, you can’t do anything about reinstating your Pinterest account. However, once you go through all the steps to delete your account, you still have 14 days to change your mind.
The email you received from Pinterest to confirm that you want to delete the account states this clearly. You can, at any point during these two weeks, log in with your info again. If you do, Pinterest will send you a reactivation email, and you can start using the account as before.
Bidding farewell or see you later to Pinterest
If you have been using Pinterest for a while, you probably have many pins that serve as an inspiration. However, if you find yourself spending too much time dreaming up a “Pinterest-perfect” life, perhaps it’s time to take a break from it.
If you’re sure you won’t need your Pinterest account anymore, go ahead and permanently delete it. Keep in mind that you will have two weeks to change your mind.
On the other hand, if all you need is a hiatus, and you’re sure you’ll return to browse for interior design and cute animal pictures, then deactivating the account for a while is a simpler solution. Either way, the process is quick and easy.