Create Kickstarter Account. Kickstarter is an online service that allows users to make pledges to fund creative projects that are posted by others. The pledges work on a threshold pledge system, meaning the funds are not transferred from the donors to the project creator until the project receives 100% of its predetermined funding goals.
More so, you must have a valid Email account to Create Kickstarter Account since it provides a unique security feature. Create Gmail account here.
However, this article will teach you how to start a project on Kickstarter. Create Kickstarter Account.
Sign Up for Kickstarter Account
- Visit the homepage https://www.kickstarter.com/signup to fill the form
- Enter your Name in the column provided in the form.
- Fill in your Email address.
- Enter your Password. Tip: choose a strong password that you can remember it must consist of numbers, alphabets, symbols and should be at least 10 digits.
- Click ‘Create account’
2. Go to your Email and verify your account by clicking the “Complete verification”
3. Congratulations your Kickstarter Account is ready
How to Login to Kickstarter Account
If you already had a Kickstarter account, kindly follow the below process to Log in to your account.
Fill in your Email address and Password and then click Log in. You can equally log in by clicking Continue with Facebook
How to Start a Project on Kickstarter Account
- Visit the Kickstarter “start your project” page and click the “share your project” button.
- Log in using the email and password associated with your Kickstarter account. Tips: If you don’t already have an account, fill out the “New to Kickstarter?” form and click the “Sign Me Up” button to create one.
- Read the project Guidelines. Click the checkbox at the bottom of the guidelines and click “Continue”.
- Describe your project and exactly what you want to create under the “what would you like to create?” section using 750 characters or less. Be as specific as possible; this section will allow the Kickstarter staff to evaluate your project.
- Describe any rewards or pledge incentives under the “What rewards would you offer?’ section, using 1000 characters or less.
- Enter any relevant links or resources where the Kickstarter staff can learn more about your project.
- Select which category fits your projects best using the drop down menu.
- Select the approximate amount of money you are interested in raising.
- You can optionally enter how you found out about the site and click the “share Your Project” button to submit your project to the Kickstarter staff.
How much should you ask for on Kickstarter?
If your company is not registered (and you do not have a business number), you won’t be able to register as a legal entity. Please keep in mind that all projects on Kickstarter must have a verified identity associated with them.
Can you lose your money on Kickstarter?
You shouldn’t expect the crowdfunding crowd to give you a fortune. Yes, there are rare products that managed to gather millions of dollars. That said, a usual Kickstarter campaign reaches much humbler numbers. According to these statistics, an average successful project raises from $10, 000 to $23, 000.
How to make money on Kickstarter.
Organize your projects well for backers and you will see money.
Ensure your projects are well described before launching a campaign.
Kickstarter to start a business.
Delete your Kickstarter Account
Are you fed up using your Kickstarter account, and as such you wish to cancel (close) or even deactivate your account?
If you caught up in the above situation then don’t worry here is the right place where you can learn how to cancel (close) or even deactivate your account.
There are various reason why you may wish to delete your Kickstarter account among all is the email spamming by the company.
However, Kickstarter is an online crowd-funding website that lets its users create a campaign or invest in the campaign. The website lets its users create and edit account information, upload pictures, create a campaign, browse through the list of campaigns or projects and invest your money in that project.
How to Delete Kickstarter Account
Users of this account, have two methods of deleting their account, namely:
- Delete account by email
- Delete your account through their website.
How to cancel your Account by Email
Note: You can delete your account by sending an email to the company, requesting then to delete your account from their database.
Therefore, follow these steps below:
- Open your email account that is registered with the application or website.
- Now compose an email and enter the email address email@example.com
- On Subject Type “REQUEST TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT”.
- Now write an email requesting then to delete your account from their database, and to wipe all your information with them, if any.
Cancel your Account through their Website
Follow the steps below:
- Go through the following URL “https://www.kickstarter.com/
- Login to your account
- Click on the ME button which is located at the top right section of the page.
- Immediately, a drop-down menu will appear
- Now, click ACCOUNT.
- Locate the Delete Account section, at the right side of the page under the Facebook login settings
- Now, tap on Delete My Kickstarter Account
- Enter your password
- Click on DELETE ACCOUNT PERMANENTLY, to permanently delete your account
Deleting your account will not:
- Automatically hide or delete any project you’ve created on Kickstarter.
- Remove your name, comments, or updates from any project you’ve created on Kickstarter.
- Delete all of your information. We may retain certain information required by law or for necessary business purposes.
Contact our Support team to ask about hiding or deleting a project. We won’t be able to accommodate all requests.
Deleting your account will:
- Delete the email and (cryptographically hashed) password you use to sign in
- Delete your profile
- Remove your name as a backer from all successful projects you’ve supported. Note: this will likely make it impossible for creators to send you rewards.
- Stop all notifications to your email address.
- Cancel any projects you’ve started but not launched
- Cancel your pledges to any live projects.
- Remove your name from comments on projects and project updates – so long as they are not your own projects. Your name will remain on any project you’ve created.
- Cancel all Drip subscriptions. You will lose access to all subscriber-only content.
What should I do before deleting my account?
Before deleting your Kickstarter Account we recommend doing the following first:
- Make sure to cancel any pledges to live projects. Keep in mind that a pledge can not be canceled if a project has already ended.
- If there are any projects that are still being fulfilled, we recommend reaching out to the creator to co-ordinate off-site communication. Deleting your account will remove your name as a backer and the creator will no longer have access to your information.
- Download a copy of your Kickstarter data, you can find the instructions for how to do this here. The information downloaded will include all of your pledge details, should you need this again in the future.
How do I start a project?
Anyone that meets our creator requirements is eligible to launch a project on Kickstarter.
We encourage you to browse through our Kickstarter Resources Compendium and Creator Handbook for tips on structuring and running your project, as well as a through list of resources we’ve made available for our creators. Make sure you take a minute to check Our Rules too.
For helpful tips, stories from creators, and other resources that could be useful as you start building your project, take a look at our category-specific articles from our Education Resources for Creators.
When you’re ready, simply head to our start page and begin building – we’re excited to see your creative idea come to life.
What should I consider when setting my funding goal?
We encourage creators to research all costs involved in completing their project prior to launching.
Your funding goal should include the amount you need to complete your project (costs of making and shipping rewards) and fees associated with running a project on Kickstarter. Once you launch your project, you cannot change your funding goal and deadline…
It helps to make a list of all the material, resources, and expenses (such as shipping costs) you’ll need to complete your project, and the estimated costs for each. Research how much things will cost, and consider how your expenses could change if you had to switch suppliers or fulfilment partners (it never hurts to have a back-up plan). Keep in mind that additional fees collected for shipping will be reflected in your funding amount while your project is live.
We’ve also compiled a list of services that can aid in the process of completing your project.
If a project reaches its funding goal, Kickstarter applies a 5% fee to the funds collected for creators. Strip, our payments processor will also apply payment processing few (roughly 3-5%). The complete fee breakdowns are available here.
If a project does not reach its funding goal, no fees are collected.
Funds raised on Kickstarter are generally subject to taxes. How much you owe can vary based on a number of factors, including the destruction of project-related expenses. We highly recommend talking to an accountant or tax advisor. They can guide you through your particular tax scenario in the most advantageous way possible.
While we can’t offer tax advice, we have compiled a guide for financial professionals who may not be familiar with Kickstarter.
Still unsure about your funding goal? The Funding Calculator, which you can access via the ‘Basics’ section of your project build, is meant to help creators visualize the potential costs associated with running a project on Kickstarter, including fees and taxes, on top of how much money you will need to bring your creative project to life.
Can Kickstarter be used to fund anything?
Kickstarter is a place to bring new creative ideas to life, and to find support for your project.
Projects are launched on Kickstarter to create something new; whether it be recording an album, publishing a comic, filming a short, building a gadget, or creating a work of art that will be shared with others. Your projects should have a clear end goal, with a properly thought out path to getting there.
As our mission is to help creators bring new creative ideas to life, we don’t permit offering something that’s already available somewhere else as a project’s end goal. For example, if you’ve already published, and are selling, a cookbook, this shouldn’t be ther end goal for your project.
However, if there are looking to create and publish a second cookbook, the first one could be offered alongside this as one of your reward tiers.
We review projects they launch to ensure that they fit this criteria, and to make sure they aren’t breaking our rules.
If you’re unsure whether your idea would make a good fit to Kickstarter, feel free to get in touch with us. Are there any prohibited items?
We prohibit projects that are illegal, heavily regulated, or potentially dangerous for backers, as well as rewards that the creator did not make. For more information check our our Prohibited Items page.
What are some things I should do before launching my project?
Running a project on Kickstarter is a lot of fun, but it’s important to remember that a lot of coordination is also required for a project to be successful. So, before launching, make sure that you and your project are 100% ready. To help ensure that you’re prepared to launch we’ve compiled 10 tips & resources below.
- Check out our guide for creating a smart project timeline.
- Make a detailed budget of your costs (prototyping, production, shipping, e.t.c) and use this to set your funding goal. These creators share their tips on what to consider when setting your funding goal.
- Remember to build in some wiggle room too though! Read about this creator’s Cost to Create experience for why this is recommended.
- Establish your reward tiers. What are some rewards that might appeal to your community?
- Think about your project page, is it launch ready? We asked 6 creators what makes a good project page.
6 Make sure that your project page is honest and clearly presented.
- Share your project draft with your friends and family for some pre-launch feedback using our project preview tool.
- Make a list! Who from your community will you share your project with?
- And, have a plan for spreading the word.
- Read some unsolicited launch advice from Kickstarter creator Adam J.Kurtz.
What information should I share on my project page?
After visiting your project page backers should have a clear sense of :
- What are you trying to create
- How you plan on doing so
- Your story. Let your backers know what brought you to Kickstarter.
- The progress you’ve made so far. How far along is your project?
- Your budget, and how you plan to use your funds.
The more information you share, the more confident your backer will be in pledging to your project.
Create Kickstarter Account. Create Kickstarter Account.