Create OkCupid account: You likely don’t get out very much, if you haven’t heard of OkCupid. This is one of the most popular and effective dating sites in the US, and it’s free. I mean, totally free. You won’t pay even a dime to send message to anybody and get dates on OkCupid unlike other dating site like eHarmony, Zoosk, EliteSingles, Match, where you must make payments.
More so, it came up in 2004, but the dating network is always growing to include more singles. OkCupid see over the installation of over 1 million app each week.
To create an OkCupid account, go to OkCupid.com and enter your orientation and gender. Then enter your date of birth, location, and email. You will also have to select a username and password. You then have the option of choosing a profile picture, entering a little information about yourself, answering 7 yes or No questions, and selection three current users you “Like”. All of these options allows OkCupid to present you with more compatible matches in your area. Then you’re ready to start using OkCupid!
OkCupid Sign Up
- Go to www.okcupid.com in your web browser. You only need to enter your orientation and gender, and then click Continue. It’s that easy.
- You then need to enter a little information about yourself, including your birth date, country, ZIP code, and email. You can also choose to sign in through Facebook for this step, knowing that OkCupid will never post to your Facebook account. Select Connect to sign up through Facebook, or enter your information and select Next
- Next, you have the opportunity to kickstart your profile. Add a profile photo for other users to see what you look like. Remember that choosing a great photo will increase your chances of other users viewing your profile. You can also enter some basic “About Me” information so that other OkCupid users can get a feel for what you’re like the instant they see you.
- You will then be asked 7 Yes or No questions about yourself to determine who your initial matches will be.
- The last step is to “like” 3 other users. On OkCupid, a “Like” notifies a user that you have seen their profile and you like what you see. By doing this 3 times, OkCupid gets a feel for your type, and can help find you better matches.
Delete OkCupid account
Since the mobile app doesn’t support permanent account deletion, you’ll need a computer to perform this process. You can disable or delete your account from your OkCupid settings page where it says “Need a Break?” on the bottom of the page.
How to Permanently delete your OkCupid Account
Open the OkCupid webpage. Doing so will open the OkCupid Home page if you’re logged in.
- If you aren’t logged in, click Sign in in the top right corner of the page, enter your email address and password, and click Let’s go.
- Click your profile picture. It’s the top right corner of the page
- Click Settings. You’ll see this option in the drop-down menu.
- Click My Account. This tab is on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down and click Go here. It’s a link in the sentence on the page: “Go here to disable or delete your account”.
- Click Delete Account. It’s the red button at the bottom of the page.
- Type your password into the “Confirm” box. This box is at the bottom of the “Delete your account” window. You can also check a reason for leaving and leave an explanatory comment in the window.
- Click Delete. It’s at the bottom of the window. As long as your password is correct, doing this will permanently delete you OkCupid account and all data associated with it. If you decide to make another OkCupid account, you won’t be able to use the same username.
What happens to my paid subscription if I disable/delete my account?
- If you paid for your subscription with PayPal or Credit card and disable your account, we will automatically pause all billing for you while your account is disabled. However, if you re-enable your profile after your billing expiration date you’ll be prompted to pay for your subscription again, as your expiration date has passed. If you delete your account, we will permanently cancel your subscription.
- If your subscription is via iTunes or Google Play, those services do not know when your account on OkCupid is disabled, re-enabled, or even deleted, so they do not stop your subscription and you continue to be billed. If you want to stop billing via iTunes or Google Play, you will need to cancel your subscription through them separately from closing your OkCupid account.
- For more information check out OkCupid help page on canceling subscription
Create OkCupid account. Create OkCupid account