Create Product Hunt Account. Product Hunt is a community-based website that allows makers and marketers to launch their products or services and get in touch with their first real users. The community can jump start products through votes and (honest) reviews, which are essential in the early stage of campaigns.
Product Hunt pairs people working in a product development and people interested in testing new products in their infancy. Product Hunt is free, an added benefit for many startups.
However, makers and influencers are happy to test your product, even if it’s an MVP stage or has bugs. These early supporters form a base of users and provide valuable feedback regarding your product’s functionality.
More so, regular users can also discover and test new apps and tools first hand. They can contribute to the final development of their favorite apps and tools via reviews and comments, engage actively with makers, and learn technical details. Create Product Hunt Account.
Create a personal Product Hunt Account
How to Launch on Product Hunt: The Ultimate Checklist
This might seem like the most obvious step and need not be mentioned, but getting this right is the most crucial of all the other steps. Create a personal account and steer clear from using any branding or company id. The folks at Product Hunt are very particular about this as it helps them keep the user base clean and real. You can use any one of Facebook, Twitter, Gmail or your AngelList account to create an account.
2. Start networking and be an active member of product Hunt
Being an active member of the community will also teach you what works and what doesn’t work on product Hunt. The connections that you build on this platform prior to your product’s launch will help you immensely in getting some early upvotes and feedback. Upvotes and comments from active users or people with a good following will most likely boost your ranking on Product Hunt.
As mentioned above, Hunters are the people who launch products on Product Hunt. Honestly, convincing a hunter to hunt your product is quite difficult compared to finding a few hunters. Does your product getting hunted by a good hunter influence that rankings? Probably a little, Is it the most important factor? Not at all.
Now, you’ll find a lot of articles that still claim that finding an “influential” hunter is the most important step. Earlier Product Hunt used to send out email notifications to that particular hunter’s followers and thus people still think it’s very crucial to find a good hunter.
“It makes little difference who hunts the product. It used to matter, back in the days when we sent email notifications to the hunter’s followers, but we stopped doing that a long time ago.”
However, if you do manage to get a hunter who’s ready to hunt your product, great! To search for hunters, check this site which has a forever changing list of the Top 500 hunters on PH. Create Product Hunt Account
Pre-Launch Campaign on Social Media
Now that we have got all the technicalities of launching on Product Hunt out of the way, let’s look at the other activities you should focus on. Use social media extensively at least 2 weeks prior to your launch day. Remember those connections on LinkedIn you’ve been talking to for a while now? Or the incredible number of followers you have on Facebook & Instagram. Or maybe the numerous Slack & telegram Channels & WhatsApp groups you are a part of. Yes, this is the time to use these channels to your advantage.
Reach out to as many people as you can-tell them about your product, that you will launch on Product Hunt and that you have a sweet offer for them. Who doesn’t love offers? get creative and think out of the box campaigns to run organically on these social media channels to ensure that you can count on some upvote numbers.
Create a Landing Page, Create Product Hunt Account
Creating a landing page before the actual launch of your product is a great way to build awareness and arouse interest in the community. Building a landing page is fairly easy, thanks to Ship by Product Hunt. Create a landing page with ship by Product Hunt.
With Ship, you can:
- Collect emails ids.
- Do surveys
- Direct message makers, investors, and journalists on the community.
- Group message inside the community.
- And a lot more.
Once you build a landing page, it will show up on the “upcoming” section on the Product Hunt. This is another chance for you to gain those early “upvote” and “commenters”.
These people are not only early subscribers to your product launch, but also are your potential customers. Thus, keep engaging with them via mails before the launch. Also, use your social media handles to drive traffic to this landing page.
Get the product Hunt Badge on your website & offer visitors an offer.
Let visitors to your website know that you’ve been posted on Product Hunt. You can do this by adding the Product Hunt badge on your website. If you are added as the maker for your product, you can easily pull a piece of code and embed it on your website to pull real-time starts from Product Hunt.
When you launch product, the web visitors you get from Product Hunt will love a nice little offer exclusive to them. Also, make sure you added a “FOMO” element to whatever offer you are creating.
Launch a Freebie Before your product Launch
Okay, this is sort of a bonus tip and a dicey one as well. This technique has worked for a lot of people and we at Ampliz, have used this technique as well. Before the actual launch of your product, launch a freebie – a quick guide, and actionable e-book or a ppt, a free to-use simple tool, etcetera.
This will help you create an initial buzz in the community and also help you start meaningful conversations. people on Product Hunt love free and open-source stuff. For instance, we launched a content strategy template on Product Hunt and the community loved it.
It was a simple PPT that contained executable templates and we gave it out for free. Better yet, we did not even ask for emails ids. We were trending in Top and we saw a major traffic boost for that day and the following week. With 253 upvotes, 1900+visitors in a day and 130+downloads, we couldn’t be happier. Create Product Hunt Account
Product Hunt launch Day Checklist
So you have checked off everything on this list as far as pre-launch day preparation is concerned. Good!
Now the next big thing is getting all the things right on the launch day. We’ll first go through the process of publishing your product and then we’ll have a look at the launch day strategies.
- Posting your product
Finally, the D-day is here and you are all excited & ready to publish your product. While at it, make sure you get the basics right.
- Link: Add a proper link of your product, or the company website or to a particular landing page that you want to drive users to. Typically, add your product or company or company website as the primary link, followed by links to Plays tore or App store (if any). Product Hunt will use this link to check the product.
- Title: Just write the name of your product as it is or as it appears on the internet.
- Tagline: In this section, describe what your product does in under 60 words. Be very precise while writing the tagline. Treat this as your product’s one-liner elevator pitch.
Thumbnail: The thumbnail is the small logo that appears next to your product listing on product Hunt. This is the part where you should really get creative. We have seen some amazing Gifts which coaxed a click from us. Either you can use your brand logo as your thumbnail or an attractive Gif. If you ask us, we’d say a good Gif as your thumbnail can even determine the number of clicks you get.
The thumbnail should be square in size and product Hunt prefers a dimension of 240X240.
- Gallery: Gallery is where you upload several images and videos to explain what your product does. make sure your designs are on point and conveying all that your product does in this real estate.
- Topic: This is more of a category so to say. Select 2-3 categories in which your product fits in. select some broad topics like “marketing”, “tech”, et cetera.
- Social Links: Here, add your company’s social link such as Twitter, Facebook or AngelList.
- Status: This is the space where you mention whether your product is still being built or is it ready to download/use.
Add makers to your product. Create Product Hunt Account
We have already discused this earlier and we can’t stress on this enough. If you have a team of people who have built the product from scratch, do add them as makers. Not only does this ensure they get their due credit/feedback/appreciation, but also their followers on Product Hunt get notification about the product launch.
Now after the product has launched, one of the makers should do the first comment. Use the first comment to briefly introduce yourself, the product and what problem you’re solving. This is a great way to explain what your product does with a personal touch.
Get the early comments and upvotes
we sincerely hope you were paying attention to the aforementioned section of how you should build relationships on PH prior to launch. This is the time to put those connections to use. Get as many comments and upvotes as early as you can because that’ll really boost the ranking of your product. We assume that the “super-secrete algorithm” of product Hunt gives brownie points for those early upvotes.
Now don’t site idle while people comment. Once you get those comments pouring in, start replying to people, ask for feedback and just engage with them. Create Product Hunt Account
Reach out to People on Social Media
Immediately after the launch of your product, head over to your social channels and use your social media connections/following to the fullest. Ask people to check you out on Product Hunt and drop some comments if they like your product. Don’t push it too hard to the point of being spammy as neither people nor the folks over at Product Hunt like “spammy”. Share links on WhatsApp groups, LinkedIn groups, Facebook and Slack communities-you get the point, right? This might come accross as a very generic tip, but it actually works.
What is the best time to Post? Create Product Hunt Account
This is one thing everyone has on their minds and let’s address this now. Product Hunt follows Pacific standard Time (PST). Once you are ready to publish your product, you can go live right away or schedule it for a later time. If you want to publish it right away, then it’ll get automatically scheduled to be posted at 12 am PST.
Now honestly, there is no right or wrong posting time when it comes to launching your product on Product Hunt, but we can give you two perspectives. If you want to reach the maximum number of people, then publish it at 12 am and get as many early upvotes as possible (we suspect that the PH algorithm loves early upvotes and comments). If you, however, want to get more clicks on your product then schedule it for a morning publish (i.e., when people wake up and receive newsletters). Makes sense? Good. Create Product Hunt Account
Have Fun on Create product Hunt Account
lastly, enjoy the process and just have fun. You have put in all the hard work to build the product, you’ve ensured all the points in the pre-launch checklist are ticked off and now it’s time to take it easy. If you do this right, we guarantee that you’ll get a huge amount of traction from PH as well as early subscribers to? customers of your product.
Now that you have reached this far, we have a couple of bonus tips for you. These 2 hacks have really worked well for us and we are sure it will for you too. One of these hacks is getting the feel of PH before you launch and the other one is for boosting your product’s rank on the D-day.
Bonus Tip: Use Preview Hunt before you launch
preview Hunt is by far the best utility website when it comes to product Hunt. This is basically a mock version of the actual process of publishing your product on PH. Use this to test out various taglines, thumbnails, media and see what looks good. This will come in really handy if you are a first-timer. Use Preview Hunt to get a look and feel of what it’ll look like on Product Hunt’s feed.
Bonus Tip 2: Use proper Keywords
You know that the best part about Product Hunt is? That, Google loves it. What we mean by this is, each product page of PH gets indexed by Google and kind of ranks pretty decently too. When you write your tagline or the first comment, make sure you include your brand keywords in it. The keywords you want to appear for when people research on Google or any other search engine for that matter. Get your team to produce comments, optimized with keywords, once your product goes live. This way, not only you’ll ensure good reach on the launch day but also, days after you have successfully launched on Product Hunt.
Product Hunt is an amazing place to launch your product if you area nascent startup. The checklist for 2020 mentions every little detail about the activities we have done and that works. Don’t treat PH as a market place but as a place where you’ll build long term connections and also where you’ll gain your early customers.
Be prepared for the amount of inbound leads/requests you’ll get once you go live on Product Hunt and we ensure you that it’ll be a fun experience. We hope you have a great launch!.
Delete Product Hunt Account
There are few things you must know about cancelling subscriptions. They include the following:
- Once you subscribe to a plan and you don’t cancel it manually like you subscribed, that plan will renew automatically because you gave the permission.
- When you subscribe for a trial period and then you cancel, you run the risk of losing that trial content altogether.
- You must remember to manually cancel a subscription 24 hours before the trial period ends.
We have made it super easy to cancel makers: for product hunt subscription at the root to avoid any and all mediums “PoeticBytes Inc.” (the developer) uses to bill you. Now let us get into the crux of this guide.
How to unsubscribe from Makers: for Product Hunt?
It’s so easy to sign up for a service through an app, but unsubscribing can be a bit trickier. Are you wondering how to unsubscribe makers: for product hunt account? Here’s everything you need to know about deleting a makers: for product hunt account, ride on.
How to cancel maker: for Product Hunt subscriptions on your iPhone or iPad?
- First, open the Settings app and click on your name
- Then, tap on the “Subscriptions” tab. (Note: That you might not automatically see this tab. In that case, tap on iTunes & Appstore)
- Next, click on your Apple ID. View Apple ID then sign in and scroll down to the “Subscriptions” button.
- Next, click on makers: for Product Hunt (subscription) you want to review.
- Now, tap on cancel. (Note: That if you don’t see a “Cancel Subscription” button for makers: for product hunt, then it’s definitely canceled already. It won’t be renewed anymore).
How to cancel makers: for Product Hunt subscription on Android device?
To cancel makers: for Product Hunt subscription on Android, you need to realize that deleting the makers: for product hunt app alone won’t cut it. Follow the processes below:
- First, open the Google Play Store. If you have multiple Google accounts, be sure you’re signed into the right one.
- Click on menu, then go to “Subscription”.
- Choose the makers: for Product Hunt subscription you wish to cancel and tap on the “Cancel Subscription” option.
- Finish up as directed.
How to cancel makers: for Product Hunt subscriptions on a Mac computer?
To cancel makers: for Product Hunt subscription on your Mac, do the following:
- First open the Mac App Store, then click on your name at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Scroll down on the next page shown to you until you see the “Subscriptions” tab then click on “Manage”.
- Click “Edit” beside the makers: for Product Hunt app and then clcik on “Cancel Subscription”.
How to cancel makers: for Product Hunt subscription on PayPal, do the following:
- First log into your PayPal account at papal.com
- Click on the settings tab which is beside the logout option
- Press “Payments” from the menu provided to you and click on “Manage Automatic Payments” in the Automatic Payments dashboard.
- You’ll be shown a series of merchants’ agreement you’ve transacted before. Click on “makers: for product hunt” to cancel
- You will be shown a confirmation page. Click on the “Cancel Automatic Payments” tab to affirm that you want to stop making payments to makers: for product hunt.
- Then click “Done” on the verification page to complete the unsubscribe.
What to do if your makers: for product Hunt subscription is billed through a different company?
Sometimes, you may find that you made a subscription through another company whether you were aware or not at the time of subscribing. To change this you might have to sign in the company’s website or directly reach out to the content provider. Generally, here are two steps you can take if you find yourself in that fix.
- Finding the company’s information, then reaching out. Makers: for Product Hunt Feedback Form
- If the company has an app they developed in the App store, you can try contacting PoeticBytes Inc. *the app developer) for help through the details of the app.
How to delete makers: for Product Hunt from your iPhone or Android?
Delete Makers: for product hunt from iPhone
- On your home screen, click and hold makers: for product hunt until it starts shaking.
- Once it starts to shake, you’ll see an X Mark at the top of the app icon
- Click on that X to delete the makers: for product hunt app from your phone.
Method 2: Go to Settings and tap on General then click on “iPhone Storage“. You will then scroll down to see the list of all the apps installed on your iPhone. Tap on the app you want to uninstall and delete the app.
Method 3: Go into your settings and click on “General” and then click on iPhone Storage. You will see the option “Offload Unused Apps|. Right next to it is the “Enable| option. Click on the “Enable” option and this will offload the apps that you don’t use.
Delete makers” for product hunt from Android
- First open the Google Play app, then press the hamburger menu icon on the top left corner.
- After doing these, go to “My Apps and Games| option, then go to the “Installed” option.
- You’ll see a list of all your installed apps on your phone.
- Now choose makers: for product hunt, then click on “uninstall“.
- Also you can specifically search for the app you want to uninstall by searching for that app in the search bar then select and uninstall.
What to do if you subscribed directly on makers: for Product Hunt’s website?
Here’s how to cancel your makers: for product hunt subscription when billed through a payments provider that is not the App store, Play store or Paypal. Sometimes, you may start a subscription directly on a company’s website without using an extra layer of security like Paypal or Apple. To unsubscribe, you might have to sign in to makers: for product hunt’s website or directly reach out to the payments provider. Generally, here are two steps you can take if you find yourself in that fix:
- Visit makers: for product hunt website – and login to your account
- go to your profile or account page
- Click “Billings” or “Subscriptions” or other similar alternatives to see a list of your options.
- “Cancel” your subscription.
For customer care services: firstname.lastname@example.org