Why not Create Skype Account now? Skype is a social media network that enables you chat and get connected with family and friends. It equally a platform where you can host and join a meeting or interview.
We’ll assist you to create a Skype account both on desktop and in the Skype mobile app. If you already have a Microsoft account, you can use that to log into Skype instead.
Email address is a requirement for creating a secured Skype account because of it’s unique security features. Click here to Create a Gmail account now.
Sign up your skype Account
- Open Skype’s website. Go to https://www.skype.com/en/. This will take you to the Skype home page.
Click Download Skype and when you are down, go to your download extension and open the app and enter your details.
- Enter your first and last name: Do so in the “First name” and Last name” text fields, respectively.
- Select a country or region: Click the “Country/region” box, then click your current country or region.
- Skype will usually detect this from your browser’s location information
3. Add your birthdate: Select the month, day, and year in which you were born from the Month, Day, and Year drop-down boxes.
4. Verify your Account: Enter the code that Skype sent to your phone number or email address into the text field in the middle of the page. To retrieve this code:
- Text: Open your phone’s Messages app, open the text from Skype, and note the four-digit code in the message.
- Email: Open your email inbox, open the email from “Microsoft account team”, and note the bold, four-digit code in the email.
- Click Next: Doing so will submit your code and create your Skype account. You can now use your account to log into Skype on Computers, smartphones, and tablets.
- If Skype prompts you to enter another code that’s displayed on-screen, do so and then click Next to finish creating your account.
Skype Sign in
- Go to the Skype app on your device and fill the form below.
- Enter Skype, Phone number or Email address
- Click Next
2. Enter your Password in the column provided.
- Then Click “Sign in”
Create Skype Account with Gmail on Microsoft
- Visit the Official Microsoft site
- Choose create account with email
- Enter the email address you want to use
- Click “Next”
2. Create a strong password you would like to use with your account and it should be at least 10 digits.
- Tips: passwords must consist of letters, upper and lower case, symbols and numbers.
- Click Next
3. You need a little more info to set up your account:
Enter your First name and Last name
4. Very your Email
- Enter the code sent to the email you provided.
- If you didn’t get the email, check your junk folder or try again
- By clicking Next you agreed to the Microsoft services agreement and privacy and cookies statement.
5. Please solve the puzzle so Skype would know you are not a robot.
6. congratulations!!! your account is set.
you can not gradually add your profile pictures and a lot of other setting to beautify your account.
Delete Skype Account Permanently
Feeling like you can’t delete your Skype account? It’s because Microsoft has made it incredibly difficult to do so. But the good news is that it’s not impossible. When Microsoft acquired Skype, it became an integral part of Microsoft accounts. This means that in order to close your Skype account, you have to delete your entire Microsoft account.
When you complete the process, Microsoft will initiate a 60-day grace period. During this period you can still recover your account by signing in and it will still be discoverable in search directory. After that, they will delete your Skype account permanently.
How to delete Skype account on desktop (Window or Mac)
To permanently get rid of your Skype account, follow these steps:
- launch the Skype app on your Desktop
- Click your Skype name, in th top left corner, and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the right-side panel, scroll down and click Close your account
- Re-enter your password to verify your account
- Note: You will be closing your entire Microsoft account, so there may be a few other accounts you might want to take care of before moving on. Once you’re sure you want to continue, click Next
- Review each item on the checklist, select the reason for deletion, (or select My reason isn’t listed) and click on Mark account for closure.
Now wait 60 days and your Skype account will be deleted permanently along with the rest of your Microsoft account.
How to delete Skype account on mobile (Android or iOS)
Unfortunately, the account deletion process on Skype’s mobile application doesn’t see, to work currently. We advise you to delete your account on the desktop version or go straight to your Microsoft account.
How to delete Skype and keep your Microsoft account
If you don’t use any other Microsoft services, deleting your Microsoft account will probably be an easy choice. However, if you use other Microsoft services or products like Xbox Live or Outlook but want to stop using Skype, you may not want to delete your account completely. But how do you delete Skype if you can’t delete your Microsoft account? Unfortunately, the only way is to minimize your personal information and then delete the app from all your devices. Microsoft won’t let you unlink your account.
How to delete Skype messages
If you don’t use Skype anymore, it can be a good idea to clear your conversations of any sensitive or private information. Old and unused apps can become vulnerable to break-ins if your old passwords are discovered or if the apps’ creators stop updating them. Here’s how to delete Skype messages:
- Enter the conversation with the Skype message you want to delete by clicking on it.
- Find the message you’d like to delete and click on the three small dots that appear next to it when your mouse hovers over it. When you do, you’ll see a dropdown menu. Click on Remove and you’re done.
- Go to the Chats tab and tap on the conversation that contains the message you’d like to delete.
- Find the message you’d like to delete from your conversation and hold your finger down on it. After a few moments, menu will pop up. Hit Remove and the message is gone.
How to delete Skype Conversations
Deleting an entire Skype conversation history is a surefire way to delete private or sensitive information. However, don’t forget one thing-the Skype user you’ve been talking to will retain a record of their messages (unless they agree to delete them too). Keep that in mind if you ever need both sides of a Skype conversation to disappear.
This one’s easy. Once you’ve found the conversation you’d like to delete, right click on it and you’ll see a drop-down menu. Click on delete conversation to wipe out the chat.
- Find the conversation you’d like to delete in the Chats tab. Hold your finger down on it and you’ll get a pop-up menu.
- Select Delete conversation on the pop-up menu and the conversation is gone.
How to delete Skype from your Smartphone
If you want to remove the application from your device, follow these steps. Whether you’re using Android or iOS, the process should be roughly thesame.
- Open settings.
- Go to apps
- Either search for or scroll to the Skype app
- Uninstall the Skype app.
Remember, this won’t delete your account or data. These steps simply remove the app from your smartphone.
How to cancel your subscription
If you’re serious about leaving Skype and you have a paid Skype subscription, you should cancel that, too. Otherwise, it could continue billing you even if you don’t use it. Follow these steps to cancel your subscription:
- Go to your Microsoft Services & subscriptions page and sign in to your account
- Find skype subscription and select Payment & billing. Then clcik Cancel
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with cancellation. Once your subscription is cancelled you will also receive a confirmation email.
Does Skype delete inactive accounts?
Skype no longer deletes inactive accounts as they’ve been merged with Microsoft accounts. Deleting them would have a direct effect on other Microsoft services. However skype has previously deleted inactive accounts that haven’t been merged with a Microsoft account. Wondering if your account was deleted?
- If the last time you signed in was before June 2014, it was deleted after 1 year of inactivity;
- If the last time you signed in was in between June 2014-August 2015, it was deleted after 2 years of inactivity;
- If the last time you signed in was after August 2015, it was deleted after 5 years of inactivity.
How do you know if a Skype account is deleted?
After you’ve deleted your Skype account, you’ll have the 60-days cooling-off period during which you can change your mind. Once that’s over, however, you won’t be able to log into your account as it will now be permanently disabled.
This also means that you’ll no longer appear in the search results and your contacts won’t be able to find your profile. All your chat history and any files you shared will be gone forever.
I closed my Microsoft account, but my profile is still visible in the Skype search directory, how do I remove it?
When you close your Microsoft account, we wait 60 days before permanently deleting it. During this waiting period, your account is marked from closure, but still exists. You can control whether your skype profile is visible in the search directory results or suggestions. learn more about how to opt out of Skype search directory results or suggestions in your mobile or desktop privacy settings.
I closed my Microsoft account but changed my mind, can I reopen it?
Sign in to your Microsoft account within 60 days of closing it. We’ll cancel the closure, and everything will be just as you left it. If it’s been longer than 60 days, we can’t retrieve an account that has been deleted.
Can I reopen my Microsoft account after the 60-days waiting period?
If it’s been longer than 60 days, we can’t retrieve an account that has been deleted.
Create Skype Account. Create Skype Account.